Monday 17 December 2012

Christmas........already?

I am not sure what happend to this year but it has gone very quickly, its very hard to believe that there is only one week to go...and as usual so much to do.

I have been busy trying to get a few presents made and was starting to panic about the Gingerbread house........but I am pleased to say that it is now made and will be constructed on Wednesday!  This is a tradition that I started 24 years ago (very scary) and I am rather proud to say that all my girls now make them for their families.  And it has to be said theirs look like houses where as mine is often a ruin!!  But at least it tastes good.
 
 Along with the Christmas gifts, I have manged, eventually, to finish the quilt for my new Great Nephew who arrived in September and who I will be meeting for the first time this week.  It is an old favourite Log Cabin, but cut on the slant with un-even panio keys as the border.  I have put fleece on the back so it is very cosy and I am rather pleased with it.  

Harry's Quilt
  I have also just finish this bag, which is made from a pattern I picked up at a quilt show many years ago, and although I have now made 4 of them I still don't have one!  I'd like to say that this is all my presents completed but I'm afraid not.........  I remember as a small child, seeing my mum, on Christmas Eve, still working on outfits for my Sister and I for the next day, I have a feeling this may be me this year! But hey, it is worth it.

Harry's Bag
Well, I think that Sue and I have had a brilliant year with Beyond Patchwork.  We have met some lovely ladies, have had fabulous comments and had a lot of giggles. Roll on 2013 and more of the same please. 

Thank you for your support and for taking the time to read this.   

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2013

Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment