Friday 2 May 2014

What a busy couple of weeks!!

Well, here I am again, after a busy, but good couple of weeks.  I have reduced my hours at work now, so you should hopefully hear more from me from now on!! 


We, as a family had a lovely Easter Break which was spent on Dartmoor celebrating my husbands birthday. The children and grandchildren joined us for the Easter weekend and we had a couple very lovely walks over the moor.  Beautiful even on a wet and windy day, although I am pleased to say for the most part it was sunny and warm!  Our youngest Granddaughter Mia, every the intrepid explorer (at 4) found a sleeping Adder, although after coming into contact with her wellied foot, it wasn't asleep anymore.  I am pleased to say that she (and the Adder) survived the ordeal un-scathed!
Yes Tor
Since we got back Sue and I have been busy with workshops and have visited two groups and had week 5 of our Begin Patchwork course.

Sue has already shown you the photos from our Fabric Collage workshop, and I am afraid that I do not have any to show you from the other days, but Sue does so hopefully you will see them soon.  As normal the work was lovely and the company great.  Thank you to Creative Textiles and Trevithick Quilters for making us so welcome.  We hope to see you both again and would definitely like to see photos of your finished projects, please!

The quilts from the 'Begin' workshop are coming along really well and we are both delighted at how they are looking.  I think celebratory cakes are in order for the final day!!

As well as the new date for Free Machine Embroidery we are looking forward to the Recycled Log and Marvellous Markals workshops, all taking place in June and July.  Please see our website for more information.

You can follow us not only on the blog but also on facebook at Beyond Patchwork and on twitter at @beyondpatchwork.  You can also contact us on enquiries@beyondptachwork.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you

Bye for now

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment