Monday 23 July 2012

Retreat Weekend and other news

We've had great response for our Retreats and the first weekend, which is a Manipulated Fabric workshop is fully booked. If you wish to do this workshop and missed out this time, we are repeating it on 11th - 13th Jan 2013. All bookings are made through Degembris Farm, but Carolyn and myself are always happy to answer any questions about the Retreat Weekends.
Hannah and Andy have worked hard and made a wonderful job of the brochure (which we can post if you'd like one) and put an advert in Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, so we hope to have patchworkers from far and wide visiting this beautiful part of the world.
They also have a dedicated web page as do we, so pop over and take a look for all the details of what's on in the future.

We have an extra workshop by request at FraddonVillage Hall on August 21st, this will be our Free Machine and Painting workshop. If you're wanted to try free machine quilting and were too nervous to have a go, or you would like to try new patterns, then this workshop will inspire you to create a variety of designs and start you on the road to mastering this liberating technique, with the added bonus of using paint to enhance your patterns.

We have a few places left on Tuesday 31st July at Fraddon Village Hall, on our Free Handcut workshop. This is another liberating method which we love to work with. We will show you how to free cut and sew beautiful curved seams that lie flat and give your work that wow factor.
You can find photo's of the workshops and all the deatils for booking on our web site or give one of us a call.

This blog seems to have been a serious affair but tomorrow Carolyn and I are having a 'turtle' day, so no doubt I will have something else to show you after that.

I have also been working on my yellow's for the next four journal quilts, I must admit it's taken me a while to find a theme but I've nearly finished the first two, and I know I'm very late. My inspiration has been some photo's I took on holiday so I'll put some sketch book work and the pieces up soon.

Thanks for reading

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment