Tuesday 18 September 2012

Finding inspiration and design

Hi everyone,

Our 'turtle' day was all admin, so nothing interesting to show you, but all necessary background work for future workshops.

However, I have been working into the little stitched book I used for the red JQ's. I enjoyed making the yellow journals and using the hand painted tiles as inspiration, so I want to continue with the theme and see where it leads me.
Here are a few pages which I think could have potential.

I've worked onto painted pages using inktense blocks and acrylics, not drawing the design first to try and recreate the hand painted look, the tile painters have a steadier hand than me.


Taking some of the elements from the designs, I carved into a lino block which I can use for printing and rubbings. After printing onto the page I free machine stitched and painted into the design. Incidentally, the stitched page makes a good print aswell.

 
It's the back of the stitched page on the left, but the piece on the right is a rubbing onto fabric, sandwiched and free machine quilted.
There's a few more pages but this post is becoming very long so I'll save them for another day, pop back soon.
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment