Tuesday 4 September 2012

Quick post

Hello all,

Today we started our Begin Patchwork course and what an enthusiastic group of ladies we have. They got straight down to it, finished and quilted their first block, even with all our waffling. That's the beauty of the Quilt-As-You-Go method, once the block are completed and quilted you're not left with the huge task of quilting a large piece.
When we get some photo's we promise to put some up for you to see.

Here is a sneak peep of the wall hanging we have just about finished for our Retreat Weekend.

Ever Decreasing Squares

It's a play on the saying, ever decreasing circles, so we've printed circles over the squares and then quilted squares in the circles, and yes, all those ends have to be tied in.

Ever Decreasing Squares

Here's another view with yet more ends to tie in. Once that's done we've decided to put a facing on this one as it's a wall hanging.

That's all for now, I'm off to pack for a Painted Bondaweb workshop we're doing at Tresillian tomorrow.

Back soon

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue & Carolyn,

    Just to say thank you for the fantastic start to the Begin Patchwork course yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed my day and it was great to come home with a quilted block (well almost!) to show my family what I'd been doing with my time.
    My son asked me this morning if I was going to school again today like him, I only wish I was.
    Thanks once again, can't wait until next time.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, glad you enjoyed the day, we certainly did and I'm still drooling over your machine.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete