Tuesday 2 October 2012

What a week!

Well, that was a very lovely, but busy week, meeting new Quilt Groups and running Workshops!

We had a lovely day on Friday at the Craft Show at Westpoint.  There was lots to see, purchases to make, and cuddles to have ( my mum, daughter and grandson joined us for the day!!)

Although it wasn't a quilt show, the quilts that were on show were lovely and got the fingers twitching again.

We are missing our 'Turtle Tuesday' today, but I am hoping to pop into my sewing room for a few minutes, and I am sure Sue will be hoping to as well.

Receding Tide - 2012

Recently I found a small wall hanging, that I started at college (oh so many years ago) and that I had never quite finsihed!!

It is inspired from a photo of rubbish washed up on the beach.  I used reversed applique and included a variety of mixed media.   
I think it is just about there now........

I am pleased to say that we are having a good response to our call for 'Textile Maids' and are hoping to get together shortly for a coffee and a chat.  

We will keep you posted of its progress!

Carolyn






No comments:

Post a Comment