Wednesday 25 September 2013

"5m of Hemp"


We had a very lovely day at our Manipulated Workshop and it was great to see Lynne again, who we last met at the South West Quilters workshop we ran earlier in the year.
Lynne & Pam
This is a photo of two of the pieces made, all that is missing is a few beads, seed stitches or whatever else takes Lynne and Pams' fancy.  I think you will agree they both look very good.

I have now finished two wall-hangings for the Fabric Collage workshop that we are running on October 24 at Fraddon Village hall.  "5m of Hemp" was started a few months (maybe about 24!!) ago and has been on my 'to-do' list.
"5m of Hemp"
It has been needing a little extra and I very pleased with how it has turned out.  It is surprising how working on one items helps to finish another!  This is what has happened with "5m of Hemp" and "Two Fishes". 
"Two Fishes"

We still have a few spaces left on this workshop, which is a very lovely and free way to use found or treasured items and scraps of fabric.  On "Two Fishes" I have used pieces of clay pipe that I found on the beach at St Mawes, a wooded button made by my brother-in-law and a piece of twisted wire made by my daughter Rebecca, amongst other things on a background of rusted fabric, paper and tea bags!

Thank you for reading, I am off to look through the latest photos that I have taken while in London at my daughter Rebecca's.  I may be back soon!!

Carolyn





No comments:

Post a Comment